How to Watch History Channel Without Cable
You watch History Channel to your TV with out cable. All you want is a streaming service that consists of History Channel. These streaming offerings let you watch the equal History channel airing on cable, so that you can watch History Channel Shows like Ancient Aliens, The Curse of Oak Island, and History’s Greatest Mysteries as they air.
The Cheapest Ways to Watch History Channel
While quite a few streaming services offer History Channel (I cover all of them in this article,) Frndly TV and Philo are by using some distance the maximum cheap approaches to watch History. Read on for extra records on these live TV streaming services.
History on Frndly TV
Frndly TV is the most less costly manner to observe History Channel live and other channels like A&E, Game Show Network, Hallmark Channel, QVC, and The Weather Channel. A subscription to Frndly TV begins at $6.Ninety nine per month. However, we find their $8.99 in keeping with month “Classic Plan” is the excellent cost as it consists of the following:
- Over 20 of Channels Live TV & On-Demand
- HD Video Quality
- Watch on 2 Screens at a Time
- Unlimited DVR recordings. You can preserve recordings for three Months
- Supported on Apple TV, Roku, Roku TVs, Amazon Fire TV or Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Chromecast, Android and iOS cellular gadgets, and most essential net browsers
History on Philo
Philo is the maximum low cost way to watch History Channel with out cable is with the aid of subscribing to the streaming service Philo. For just $25 a month you get over 60 channels inclusive of History, as well as the capability to record as many suggests as you want and watch them for 30 days.
Philo gives a 7-day unfastened trial to strive out their service. There is not any settlement so that you can cancel any time with out penalty. If you cancel before your unfastened trial is up you gained’t be charged. Here are all of the features blanketed along with your subscription:
- a cloud DVR for recording shows
- circulate on 3 one of a kind devices on the same time
- over 60 channels including History, HGTV, Nickelodeon, Discovery, MTV, and extra.
To watch Philo, all you want is a web connection. Philo recommends the following speeds based for your desires:
- 13 Mbps – Recommended for dependable HD streaming, regardless of a couple of streams or other devices the use of the same network.
- 7 Mbps – Stream one HD video. If a couple of devices are streaming or using the network at the equal time, there may be buffering problems.
- Three Mbps – Stream SD excellent video.
- Under three Mbps – Video fine is reduced. Philo may also load slowly or rebuffer.
Other Streaming Services With History Channel
Philo isn’t the only streaming service that carries History Channel. There are alternate ways to enjoy the History Channel shows you want without forking over mountains of cash to a cable TV provider.
History Channel on Hulu
Hulu is every other manner you can circulate History. Previously Hulu changed into recognized for its enormous on-demand streaming library. However, Hulu additionally offers Hulu Live TV provider for $64.Ninety nine a month that gives Live History Online Streaming. Hulu Live TV is one of the excellent stay TV streaming offerings to be had. It consists of the following features:
- The primary package deal comes with 50 hours of cloud DVR garage. (Upgrades to be had)
- Watch on 2 displays right now. (Upgrades to be had)
- Comes with 6 customizable profiles
- Includes entire Hulu streaming library
History Channel On-Demand
Many of History’s suggests are to be had on-demand on Hulu’s Streaming Library as properly. This may be a miles greater lower priced manner to enjoy History Channel indicates on Hulu as the Hulu Streaming library begins at $6.Ninety nine a month. Hulu also gives a 30-day unfastened trial with this plan that is lots of time to look if this answer will be just right for you. The provider streams many History Channels suggests including Pawn Stars, Ancient Aliens, American Pickers, Alone, and Vikings.
History Channel on Sling TV
A extra charge-conscious opportunity is Sling TV. History is in its “orange” and “blue” programs, each of that is $35 a month. Sling TV gives a stay circulation of History so you are able to observe exactly what might be airing on History simply as if you had cable. It is protected in its Cloud DVR software, so that you can report shows for later.
Sling TV is to be had on Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast and greater, so it’s no longer a trouble to revel in History on a TV, tablet, computer, or other smart devices. There are more channels to be had on Sling TV than what I’ve mentioned here. To find out more about what Sling TV has to provide, and more statistics about Sling TV tool compatibility, test out this specific evaluation of Sling TV.
History on DIRECTV STREAM
DIRECTV STREAM is any other manner you may watch History Channel. Channel applications with History begin at $sixty nine.Ninety nine according to month. A subscription to DIRECTV STREAM consists of the subsequent:
- watch 20 streams concurrently according to subscription
- a cloud-primarily based DVR
- channels like History Channel and extra
- supported on AppleTV, Android TV, Roku, Amazon FireTV, and extra
History Channel on Vidgo
Vidgo is a newer streaming service that offers fairly competitive pricing over other live streaming services. The simplest capture is they do now not currently provide a DVR. Vidgo includes History Channel in its Core package, together with over 60 different channels
Vidgo doesn’t force you right into a contract so that you can cancel any time.
Vidgo is supported on available on Android, iOS, Roku, Apple TV, Fire TV. You can also move the carrier on up to 3 gadgets at the same time.
Watch History Channel for Free
A few of the streaming offerings that convey History Channel provide a loose trial. You can take gain of those and watch free History Channel for nearly a month or longer if you use unique electronic mail addresses. Let’s have a look at the free trials to be had.
- Philo – gives a 7-day 1-week unfastened trial
- Hulu Live TV – Offers a 1-week unfastened trial
As long as you cancel before the unfastened trial expires, you won’t be charged. If you get innovative with email addresses and price methods, you can watch loose History Channel even longer.
Watch History Channel Live on Roku
To watch History Channel on Roku, follow these instructions.
- Subscribe to a streaming carrier that contains History Channel (Sling TV, Hulu Live TV, or Philo)
- On your Roku Menu, navigate to “Search” and press “OK” on your faraway
- Enter the call of the streaming carrier you join in the search bar
- Select the streaming carrier and press “OK.”
- Select “Add Channel” press “OK” on your far off. If the channel is already hooked up, “Go To Channel” can be an alternative.
- The App is now mounted on your Roku. Open the app, and log in with the credentials you used to join the service. History Channel will be a channel available via the apps live TV manual.
Watch History Channel Live on Fire TV
To watch History Channel on Fire TV, comply with these commands.
- Subscribe to a streaming carrier that carries History Channel (Sling TV, Hulu Live TV, or Philo)
- On your Fire TV Home screen, click at the seek icon within the upper-left corner of the display screen.
- Enter the name of the streaming provider you join in the seek bar
- Select the streaming service and press “OK.”
- Select “Download,” and the channel will installation
- The App is now mounted for your Fire TV. Open the app, and log in with the credentials you used to subscribe to the provider. History Channel may be a channel to be had through the apps stay TV guide.
Watch History Channel Live on Apple TV
To watch History Channel on Apple TV, follow those commands.
- Subscribe to a streaming service that includes History Channel (Sling TV, Hulu Live TV, Vidgo, or Philo)
- Scroll right to the quest icon in the higher-left nook of the display
- Enter the call of the streaming service you enroll in in the seek bar
- Select the streaming provider click the cloud icon, and the channel will installation
- The App is now set up in your Apple TV. Open the app, and log in with the credentials you used to enroll in the service. History Channel might be a channel to be had thru the apps stay TV manual.
History Channel App
While all the streaming services stated above are supported on Roku and Amazon Fire TV Stick, you can want to watch History Channel on the History Channel app. Not to fear, the History Channel app is available on numerous streaming gadgets, and you could use your login credentials from Hulu Live TV, Vidgo, or Philo to free up all the content material available at the History Channel app.
How To Watch on Your Device
For our instance, allow’s count on we’ve got a Philo subscription and a Roku. We can comply with the steps below to get the History Channel app operating on our tool. While the stairs beneath use Philo and Roku to observe History Channel, most streaming services and devices can have the identical technique.
- Go to the channel save or app keep to your tool. On Roku, it’s called the “Channel Store.”
- Search for “History Channel”
- Add the History Channel app in your tool after which open it.
- Your Roku tool will then show you an activation code and a URL.
- Using a laptop or mobile web browser, you go to the URL.
- You will then be requested for a TV issuer and a username/password. I’m getting into the username and password I use for Philo.
- Once you register on History Channel’s website, your TV display will refresh. You must now have access to all of the video content material the app presents.
Supported Streaming Devices
The History Channel app is supported on all the following streaming gadgets:
Amazon Fire TV